Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A guide to shopping in Almaty- clothes


This is another disappointing aspect ! 

Clothes are soo expensive, unlike other destinations you can’t just arrive with one suitcase and think you will be easily and cheaply fill your wardrobe... I have seen some expats arrive here with only a suitcase in hand for a year or more contract... How they do it??? That’s not me for sure.

 But anyway.... clothes are expensive here even though you get the Zara’s and Mango shops here and one of our newest arrivals M&S (yahhh!!!) it is not as cheap as it other countries. Just looking at the various country websites for these retailers you would notice a price increase of easily a 100USD between other countries and the KZ.

Personally, I prefer buying at shops with price tags, as a) I cant bargain to safe my life and b) I look foreign so at the market I easily get charged double than the local next to me... and that I find very frustrating. But that’s life in KZ, foreigners just pay more for almost everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment